Monday, February 7, 2011

The Gold Rush Review

Baldish Singh
Gold Rush
Charlie Chaplin was the director, editor, producer, writer, and the main character of the silent movie the Gold Rush. I think that’s pretty amazing, for a one person to do all of that. So much work was put by one person which makes the movie even better. The movie was released June 26, 1925. The Gold Rush was one of the best movies ever created by Charlie Chaplin said one critic. The viewers loved the creativity and comedy in the movie. In 1942, Charlie re-released the movie Gold Rush with composed and recorded music with narration which he did on his own. The storyline of the movie fits perfectly with the title of the movie because Charlie tries to find the gold.
Charlie Chaplin travels to Yukon to take part of the Klondike Gold Rush. On his way he gets trapped in a cabin with two other people. One was a prospector and an escaped fugitive. After they all went their separate ways Charlie landed in a gold rush town and decided to give up looking for gold.  He decides to take up a job at a cabin. While he works at a cabin he finds beautiful women named Georgia. He has fallen for her and he thinks he she fallen for him to.
The two main actors were Charlie Chaplin and Georgia Hale. I actually enjoyed their performances; I believed everything they did was close to perfection. One big thing I liked about their acting was there body languages. There was one film technique that got to me and that was when they put the camera at a different angle. It made me believe that the house was really tilted and the house really fell off the cliff.
Overall, I really liked the film; I didn’t think I would like it because the movie came out in 1925. The movie just seemed to me that it would be really boring because it’s in black and white and it’s a silent movie. Now I have a different perspective over older movies it makes me want to watch from movies from that age. I’d have to say my favorite part of the movie was when big Jim started to see Charlie Chaplin as a big chicken. I didn’t think they had that kind of technology back in that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment